- Makes it possible to use more advanced displays with the TSDZ2 like the Bafang 850C color LCD or the KT-LCD3.
- Uses more sophisticated FOC algorithms allowing the TSDZ2 motor to run much more efficiently, making it more powerful while using less battery energy. The ebike will be also more responsive, fast and agile.
- Display shows more advanced information like battery voltage, rider pedal power in watts, motor temperature, cadence, trip time and distance.
- All options configurable directly on the LCD!! No programming cable required to make changes.
- Up to 9 assist levels configurable as a multiple of rider effort. (Ideal for hand cycles and riders with less strength)
- Up to 9 boost levels to add extra power when starting and/or resuming pedaling.
- Multiple levels of walk assist for extra assist power on hills or with heavy loads or headwinds.
- Cruise control will maintain speed or accelerate to a preset speed.
- Allows use of batteries from 24 to 60 volts and allows batteries of different voltages to be changed on the fly.
- Detailed battery information including watts consumed since last charge and current state of charge.
- Street legal and off-road modes for countries with restrictions. (This motor is legal at all levels in the USA)
OSF UPGRADE FEATURES
OSF DISPLAY ELEMENTS
A SPECIAL THANKS
- Distance data, i.e. trip distance, distance since power on and odometer
- Battery state of charge, i.e. watt-hours consumed or percentage of state of charge
- Battery state, i.e. voltage and current
- Pedal data, i.e. rider pedal power, pedal cadence or pedal torque
- Energy data, i.e. average consumed power since power on
- Time measurement, i.e. TM or TTM
- Speed, i.e. current speed, average speed or peak speed
- Motor temperature (requires temperature sensor installed)
- Target speed in which the cruise function will try to maintain (set by rider)
- Power limit and real-time power limit adjustment while riding
- Motor temperature
- Battery state of charge in percent
- Instantaneous voltage on battery
- Instantaneous current drawn from battery
- Pedal cadence
- Average wheel speed since power on
Thanks to the TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware developers:
The developers of the TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware are talented engineers. They developed this TSDZ2 OSF Upgrade with a huge investment of their time as a public service to promote ebike use and environmentally friendly transportation.
Torque sensing TSDZ2 coaster brake mid-drive motor. Feels natural but like you have superpowers. Really! With 80 Nm of torque this motor cranks out a lot of power with the same high-end feel of having the power multiply the effort applied to the pedals.
This model will not freewheel while pedaling in reverse. This feature is a unique TSDZ2 option not found on any other e-bike mid-drive motor. It allows this motor to work with a coaster brake. This motor also works with regular non-coaster brake bikes with both derailleurs and internal gear hubs. Throttles are not available on coaster brake motors for safety reasons. Also, walk-assist is disabled for safety reasons.
With the OSF (Open Source Firmware) upgrade this motor is compatible with up to 52V batteries
- Torque sensing mid-drive motor. This motor gives you more power than factory bikes but with the same high-end feel of having the power match the effort applied to the pedals.
- Fits 95% of standard bike frames with 68-73mm bottom bracket
- Built-in freewheel that locks when pedaled in reverse to engage chain for coaster brake stopping.
- Built in torque and cadence sensor - yields more natural riding experience than mid-drives with just cadence sensor.
- Easy to install. Kit includes all installation hardware and tools
- No throttle - pure torque sensing pedal assist feels like you have natural superpowers
- 80 Nm of torque is over twice as much as a comparable powered hub motor and can take on any hill or wind you encounter
Note: If the bottom bracket on your bike is not the JIS/BSA threaded type you may need an adapter before the motor will fit. Click here for more information. Email or call us and we will be happy to check your model for compatibility and let you know if adapters are required.
- Motor: TSDZ2 torque sensing mid-drive
- Type: Mid-drive
- Voltage: 24v to 52v with OSF
- Power: 350W / 750W (peak)
- Max Torque: 80N.m
- Controller: Integrated
- Torque sensor: Integrated
- Assist Ratio: 36%-300%
- Assist Levels: 9
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm-73mm
- Chain Wheel: 42T (other sizes available)
- Speed Limit: 20mph (with assist)
- Weight: 7.9lbs (3.6kg)
- Water & dust resistance: IP54
- Safety: CE Certification